Arundhati Roy says:

Our strategy should be not only to confront empire, but to lay siege to it. To deprive it of oxygen. To shame it. To mock it. With our art, our music, our literature, our stubbornness, our joy, our brilliance, our sheer relentlessness – and our ability to tell our own stories. Stories that are different from the ones we’re being brainwashed to believe. The corporate revolution will collapse if we refuse to buy what they are selling – their ideas, their version of history, their wars, their weapons, their notion of inevitability.

About these ads

5 Responses to Arundhati Roy says:

1. ILikeHistory says:

An interesting quote, from someone who has been called a snob by Buruma and unintelligent by Rushdie. You’re slipping Bill.

2. slynn says:

I was a Chicago Public School teacher and I completely agree with what you said about Arni Duncan. If we want to change education we have to do it ourselves. So please tell me if you help organize a group because I will be thare to help you anyway I can. I want to see all the children succeed. So, please tell me when and i will be there to help start this educational movement.

3. CAPTAIN AMERICA says:

BILL, PLEASE MAKE YOUR PIECE WITH THE LORD………………….THEY ARE COMING FOR YOU! ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME! YOU CAN NOT ESCAPE YOUR PAST ACTIONS!YOU WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE………..YOU PLAYED NOW YOU WILL PAY!

4. Lon Bennet says:

The only problem with this kind of thinking is that it doesn’t evoke original thought. All you commies say the same thing. You’re just repeating what you’ve been told because you are too confused to figure it all out in your own mind.

5. Bloke says:

Mr. Ayers – I was disappointed to learn that the Canadians prevented you from entering Canada a few days ago. It would have been much more productive to allow you to enter Canada and U.S. immigration officials preventing you from coming back. Oh well! Maybe next time mate.